Friday, April 30, 2010

Catch some zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzs

Ever since the day my 2yo was born, this has been a fleeting thought. Unlike my 5yo, it took her 8 mos to learn to sleep through the night. I really love my sleep. And honestly, it really suffered with her arrival.



Without it, lots of things fell to the ground, paying bills on time (not because of the money but because of the lack of presence of mind), balancing the checkbook, etc...You could say that a lot of things suffered during that time, some of which I'm still trying to get back.



As I work toward getting back to having the handle I had 2.5 years ago, one thing that I notice now, more than ever. I need my sleep. My nerves cannot handle those days when the zzzzs allude me. Ask my hubby and my kids, it's not pretty. Beyond this, I have to say, that it's a struggle to remain hopeful when I'm working on less than my full allotment and that is the enemy of contentment and the reason I must protect my sleep at all costs. This means staying as far away from technology as I can at times. Sorry Facebook, you're gonna have to do without me...and yeah, i don't think it'll really miss me. The DVRd stuff has to wait another day or week. The telephone has to be ignored on my end--no calling out. Let the hubs answer the phone.
Ignore the cellphone/put it on silent...hey that's a good idea. It's time for a nap.

3 comments:

  1. Oh I can relate! I so need my sleep! Great post for Z my friend. I'm gonna miss this, aren't you? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm definitely with you on needing sleep and not doing well if I don't get it. I'm fortunate that Chad doesn't need as much sleep as I do to function! :) I am so glad that you decided to do this A to Z challenge... I hope you keep on blogging, even if not a daily thing.

    I tagged you on a blog post on my page... idea for your next post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I missed you during the challenge, but I will go back and read the post! I will miss the challenge! Congrats on finishing~

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I belong to Jesus. I am married to Dan. I am mom to Pearce and Garner. I am a musician, a cook, a taxi driver, a teacher, a manager. I am me.