Friday, April 30, 2010

Y Is for yummmmness

Yes, i know, it's not really a word, but hey, it is a great way to blog about Y. For me, it's an essential part of "Y" I do what I do. I bake and decorate cakes. Who wants to waste time eating cake that doesn't have the yummmmmness factor?

For me the epitome of good cake is wedding cake. I LOVE it, but now that I am in my late 30s, most of my friends have already gotten married, so there are precious and few weddings I do get attend. Not to mention that I would have to take the 2 and 5 year olds--not an option. And this means no wedding cake. Tragic.

Not too long ago, when I started decorating cakes (Yowser, it's been over 5 years now!? Where'd the time go?) a friend of mine introduced me to a cake flavoring that in some circles is called wedding cake flavor...Today, it's my passport to the place where I get to have the cake my tastebuds jump for. Now, I can have it whenever I want to bake it. I use it whenever I make a white cake and everyone else seems to have the same reaction...YUMMMMMNESS! I guess you could say my personal cake philosophy is that everyday should be a day to have the yumminess of a wedding cake.

4 comments:

  1. I love wedding cake..interesting, really a flavor.
    The ones I have had, have a hint of vanilla with
    almond extract. The last wedding I went to, they didn't serve cake...very sad~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummm, wedding cake! What exactly is the wedding cake flavor? My wedding cake was made with almond extract and it was the BEST cake I've ever eaten!!!! Wish she was still makin' cakes...I'd have her make my birthday cake in a few months. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. the one i use is called creme bouquet it's SO wonderful... i don't mind a light almond flavor, but creme bouquet is the best...hands down

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I belong to Jesus. I am married to Dan. I am mom to Pearce and Garner. I am a musician, a cook, a taxi driver, a teacher, a manager. I am me.