Thursday, April 8, 2010

D is for Dial it back

In this fast paced, instant-gratification focused world, one thing is definitely needed if one is to find peace and contentment: Dialing it back a notch. Whether it is the noise level of the kids in the classroom or household or the amount of activities we participate in, couldn't we all stand to dial it back a bit. Do I really need to fill up every possible second with noise/activity/SOMETHING?!



Perhaps this is why it's so often in the Bible that we are to WAIT...not just wait, but to wait PATIENTLY. The first entry from http://dictionary.com/ says to wait is to rest or remain in expectation. Resting or remaining in expectation cannot happen if I'm grousing, huffing, puffing, patting my foot, letting the stress rise, or if I'm doing my part to 'help God out.' Seriously, who am I kidding?!



Dialing it back is so much more than just ceasing striving. It's about Daily Direct Dependence upon God. . .In my faith life, it is trusting Him to do the BEST, be the BEST, give the BEST for me, without questioning His Decision or His Design. This is what I want the pattern of my life to be, but more often than not, I'm treating myself to something rather than waiting on my Heavenly Papa to show me that He knows what I like and that He wants to be the one who gets to give it to me

Let the cry of my heart be Papa, I want to know you more. I want to follow you. Take me away with you that I can taste and see that you are good.

3 comments:

  1. Love. :) So every day I'm a little more convinced we are on the same wavelength...

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all need to slow down more. There is so much we miss when we don't listen more carefully, look more intently, and meditate more thoughtfully. We need to relax and enjoy the good things that life has to offer.
    I will be mentioning your blog on my site on my Saturday post for "I" day.
    Lee

    Blogging From A to Z April Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm learning to wait and learning to lean. Great post!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I belong to Jesus. I am married to Dan. I am mom to Pearce and Garner. I am a musician, a cook, a taxi driver, a teacher, a manager. I am me.