Sunday, April 11, 2010

G is for Getting Older

Ok, so I'm scratching 37...but I'm wont to say where did my youth go? It seems just like yesterday that I was finishing my degree, starting a new job teaching school, no kids, no attachments, just a kitty and room in the apartment I shared with a girlfriend.



Somehow or other, being in the sunset of my 30s has come in full force. I'm not saying I'm OLD necessarily, but I am wondering how I got here. It is evident in my clothing choices and my television programming...I avoid certain cuts of clothing that 'all the kids' are wearing. I watch American Idol and think, "awwww...what a cute kid," and I'm talking about the 20 somethings. I

Truly this is an age old question, but really, how does it happen? I mean, I guess I imagined myself 15 or so years ago as someone who'd join Peter Pan's gang of folk who'd never grow up. But I see myself as someone in the middle: not ready to admit to being adult but really uncomfortable with the younger set--ok, that's a little harsh...I just don't really feel their vibe.

I'm just not sure about it all...but one thing I do know, it's not the end of me. I'm embracing every moment left of my thirties and will be elated to hit 40. It's all an adventure and I'm up for the challenge.

1 comment:

  1. age is just a number you can still do all you want at almost any age.
    My son has NF1 you asked what it is it stands for Neurofibromatosis- It is a lifelong disorder that encompasses a set of distinct genetic disorders that cause tumors to grow along the nerves and can affect the development of bones and skin.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I belong to Jesus. I am married to Dan. I am mom to Pearce and Garner. I am a musician, a cook, a taxi driver, a teacher, a manager. I am me.