Monday, April 12, 2010

He Is (yes, that is TWO letters, I'm closing in!)

In Genesis, HE's the Breath of Life
In Exodus, the Passover Lamb
In Leviticus, He's the High Priest
Numbers, the Fire by Night
Deuteronomy, He's Moses' voice
In Joshua, He is Salvation's Choice

Judges, Law Giver
Ruth, the Kinsman-Redeemer
First and Second Samuel, our Trusted Prophet
In Kings and Chronicles He's Sovereign

Ezra, True and Faithful Scribe
Nehemiah, He's rebuilder of broken walls and lives
In Esther, He's Mordecai's Courage
In Job, the Timeless Redeemer

In Psalms, He's our Morning Song
In Proverbs, He's Wisdom's Cry
Ecclesiastes, the Time and Season
Song of Solomon, He is the lover's dream



He is, He is, HE IS!



In Isaiah, He's Prince of Peace
In Jeremiah, the weeping prophet
In Lamentations, the cry for Israel
Ezekiel, the call from sin

In Daniel, the stranger in the fire

In Hosea, He is forever faithful
In Joel, He's the Spirit's power
In Amos, the arms that carry us

In Obadiah, He's the Lord our Savior
In Jonah, He's the great missionary

In Micah, the promise of peace
In Nahum, He is our strength and shield

In Habakkuk and Zephaniah, he is pleading for revival
In Haggai, He restores a lost heritage
In Zechariah, our Fountain

In Malachi, He is the Son of Righteousness with Healing in his Wings


He is, He is, HE IS!

In Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John, He is God, Man, Messiah
In Acts, He is fire from Heaven
In Romans, He's the grace of God
In Corinthians, the power of love
In Galatians, He is freedom from the curse of sin



In Ephesians, our glorious treasure
Philippians, the servant's heart
In Colossians, He's the godhead trinity
Thessalonians, our coming king

In Timothy, Titus, Philemon, He's our mediator and our faithful pastor

In Hebrews the everlasting covenant
In James, the one who heals the sick
In First and Second Peter, He is our Shepherd
In John and in Jude, He is the lover coming for His bride.
In the Revelation, He is King of kings and Lord of lords


The Prince of Peace
The Son of Man
The Lamb of God
The Great I AM

He's the Alpha and Omega
Our God and our Savior
He is Jesus Christ the Lord
And when time is no more

He is, He is, HE IS.

6 comments:

  1. I love this song and I haven't listened to it in years. I *think* I still have the CD. :) Hey, saw your comment on my post today -- I’d be glad to come help out! It is so much easier for me to clean and declutter other people’s houses than it is to do my own. It helped a lot just to have someone there today expecting me to find a place for whatever it was that was out of place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this song and the names of Christ and all the things that He is.

    And also how clever to have two letters conquered in the challenge!! I need to do that! I am far behind BUT...I am posting more & writing more which is the spirit of the challenge...yes?

    Thanks for laughing at my pull-up on a banana tree post at kathink!! It's nice to know a few people enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoever wrote this (song is it?) knows their Bible. I wish I knew more of mine. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Greatg post. I have never seen this before. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very neat - I haven't seen this before either!

    Great way to get caught up and YES! He is!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a song AaronJeffery did. look it up on youtube

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I belong to Jesus. I am married to Dan. I am mom to Pearce and Garner. I am a musician, a cook, a taxi driver, a teacher, a manager. I am me.