Friday, April 9, 2010

E is for Empty

I have thought and thought and thought about what I might write down for this day, since it's not Easter Sunday, Easter Eggs are out. So how will I fill this space on my blog? Could I possibly leave it EMPTY?


This morning, I got up earlier than usual, still pondering what I might write about today. I thought I'd write about examining myself/my motives, but it was a little too touchy for me. I'm not ready to bare that much so soon. I considered writing about exalting the Lord but nothing would flow...it felt contrived and mechanical. Elisabeth Elliot? That's 2 Es and she's been one of my heroes in the faith because of her steadfast trust in God as the Blessed Controller of all things...not of it sat right.



When it came to today, I had nothing. I was empty of words to share, thoughts to write down...beyond that I was crazy busy. A classmate of my 5yo has a new baby at home, so I cooked them a meal. His teacher has wanted me to make a cake for her friend with my best buttercream. I prepared homemade pizza to share with our neighbors from down the street. Our women's ministry is having our spring retreat and I agreed to make 7layer dip and some cupcakes to share.



It seems I spent every moment doing something for everyone else and while i'm exhausted, and my kitchen seems to be post-earthquake material, I am elated. I was given the opportunity to share in Christ's sufferings, emptying myself of myself for the sake of others.



I've quoted him before, but i will leave you with a quote from St. Francis of Assisi:



It is in giving that we receive

It is in pardoning that we are pardoned

and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life

Make me an instrument of your peace.

I want to know what it is like to follow you.

When men look at me, I want them to see the Light of the World inside.

1 comment:

  1. i enjoyed your post, and I think your effort is great, I started ARlee's blog challenge late you will come up with more ideas, it's fun to meet new people. I am at wasabi mommy
    nf1andpre-kwhisper@blogspot.com
    I think having a blog name with a W keeps me from meeting people because it's at the end of the alphabet.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I belong to Jesus. I am married to Dan. I am mom to Pearce and Garner. I am a musician, a cook, a taxi driver, a teacher, a manager. I am me.