Wednesday, April 6, 2011

E is for EXHAUSTED

I am constantly amazed at how much stuff needs to be done on a daily basis in order for ORDER to rule my house. Today, I got up around 630, made lunch for the hubs, breakfast for the kids, exercised 40 min, showered, made a grocery list, executed the grocery list (forgetting two items), baked, iced, and decorated 2 cakes, washed, dried, and put away 3 loads of laundry, 2 loads of dishes, swept the floor, wiped the counters and oven, delivered the cakes, cooked a fabulous dinner, bathed two kids, drank 2 liters of water, swept the grass off my sidewalk (tecnically, i just caught the grass in the bag) went to church, hung out with friends for just over and hour, and came home to write this post. Many of these things, thankfully, I will not have to repeat...there will be other tasks to take their places. It's the routine. I am thankful I was able to accomplish it all. I am thankful for the few funny/interesting things that happened in the middle of it all (like when the butt naked 3 year old ran to the front door---which, of course, was open AND there were at least 10 kids in the yard across the street to see her. Like the fact that today, she mastered the scissors YIKES. Like the fact that the 6 year old loves to ride his bike down the sidewalk as fast as he can.) It's beauty and chaos. It's everything I needed today.

1 comment:

About Me

My photo
I belong to Jesus. I am married to Dan. I am mom to Pearce and Garner. I am a musician, a cook, a taxi driver, a teacher, a manager. I am me.