Wednesday, September 30, 2009

More on the bowl

Lord, you have assigned me my portion and my cup; you have made my lot secure.


Ps. 16:5


So, what is the bowl anyway? Really, it's me. I'm a clay vessel, not ornate china, not glassware, but clay--dependent upon the One who made me to fashion me into the likeness of His Son. Because of this, it is not my business to look at the other 'cups' out there wishing I had gold leaf, beautiful artistic patterns for all to enjoy. My sole purpose is for that of the Great Potter. He has a plan for me unlike one for anyone else He has created. He will mold me and form me into whatever he wills and I must let him.



Ultimately, it is his decision what I'll look like and further, it's His decision about what sort of things he will place in my cup--challenges, blessings, lessons. This is my portion, carefully hand-selected just for me. What a multifaceted God He is! For in everything, He is with me on this journey that is just mine and His. Sure, there are folks who go thru similar situations, face like challenges, take the same 'tests' I take, but because of who He is, I'm sure to have my very own road with him right beside me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I belong to Jesus. I am married to Dan. I am mom to Pearce and Garner. I am a musician, a cook, a taxi driver, a teacher, a manager. I am me.