Sunday, November 15, 2009

Turning leftovers into lunch/dinner makeovers creates 'happy plates'

Mediterranean Turkey Skillet

Did your mom ever call your clean plate a happy plate? My mom did. This recipe is sure to create some especially after that Thanksgiving dinner is memory.


The Recipe:
1 T Olive Oil
1/2c diced onion
1/2c diced red pepper
1 1/3 garlic cloves, minced
1c frozen artichoke hearts, thawed, or canned
2T sliced ripe olives (we deleted this ingredient)
1 1/2 c chicken broth
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 t paprika
1/2 t thyme
1 1/2 c cooked turkey breast, chopped
1/2 c frozen green peas.
Heat olive oil in skillet over med. heat. Add onion, pepper, and garlic. Cook til onion is translucent. Add artichoke hearts and olives, cooking 2 min. Add broth, salt and pepper, thyme and paprika and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer about 15 min. Stir in turkey and peas and heat about 3 min. then serve.
The Response:
8 enthusiastic thumbs up! We all really loved this recipe. I served it over rice but she suggests serving it over a bed of fresh raw spinach.
The cost:
Under a buck a person. hardly can beat it!
The source, yet again:
Saving Dinner the Low Carb Way by Leanne Ely.



No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I belong to Jesus. I am married to Dan. I am mom to Pearce and Garner. I am a musician, a cook, a taxi driver, a teacher, a manager. I am me.